Exciting Things Are Happening for Special Event Organizers!
Share your experiences and learn about what's coming up in 2024!
- If you miss our Let's Talk Survey or Community Organizer Info Sessions, please reach out to the Special Events Team, at CKSpecialEvents@Chatham-Kent.ca, to share your experiences.
- Read the November 27th Special Events Report to Council
- The Mainstreet Credit Union Mobile Stage is almost ready....stay tuned to learn about it's public debut!
Beginning January 2024 a Municipal Road Closure Fee of $150.00 will be charged for each closure. There will also be a fee of $10.00 per barrier.
Events are so much fun...and work.
We're so excited that you are interested in organizing an event but we know that there's a lot of work involved in planning and organizing it. Whether it's a small private event (parties or weddings) or a not-so-small community event (parades, shows, or festivals), we are here to be your one-stop shop for information and support in navigating the event application, review, and approval process.
A good first step is to download the
Special Events Application Form and the
Special Events Manual for complete information. More information can also be found on the other pages of our website. Reach out to the Special Events team, by emailing
CKSpecialEvents@Chatham-Kent.ca, to request a phone call or an in-person meeting to go through the requirements of your new or returning event and explore how we can support you in creating a safe and successful event.
- Event applications should be submitted at a minimum of eight (8) weeks prior to your event date.
- After reviewing the application, municipal staff may request additional information to support your application.
- All fees must be paid before your event can be approved.
- Failure to comply with the requirements set out in the manual, and/or with any relevant policies, procedures or Municipal By-Laws, may result in the denial of an event permit, fines, closure of the event, and/or restrictions on future applications.
We are your strategic planning partner! Apply early, communicate often and let us help your event be a success.
What type of event are you planning?
Private event - attendance by invitation only, not open to the public.
Public event - advertised and open to public attendance.
Where is your event being held?