Currently, every spectator 12 years of age and older entering arenas must provide identification and proof of being fully vaccinated.
Anyone 12 years and older including activity participants, coaches, officials and volunteers entering the facility must provide the following as approved by Chatham-Kent Public Health:
- Provide identification and proof of being fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated against COVID-19 or a valid medical exemption as of October 31, 2021.
- Provide identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or a valid medical exemption as of November 30, 2021.
These instructions, including any revisions to these instructions, can be found on the Chatham-Kent Public Health website. Inquiries about these instructions should be directed to Chatham-Kent Public Health at email@example.com.
There are various policies and procedures an event organizer must follow in order to be approved to operate a special event on Municipal Property.
Events on Municipal property that require a permit are public events, a private event with alcohol or permits to film. The management of events on a municipal property requires the coordinated efforts of Municipal staff from multiple departments facilitated by the Special Events Coordinator, ensuring the event operates safely and adheres to the applicable by-law, policies and procedures.
Download the Special Events Application Form and the Special Events Manual for complete information. For questions call the Special Events Coordinator at 519-360-1998.
Steps to Secure a Facility
- Call your local municipal centre at 519-360-1998 to tentatively book the location.
- Obtain or provide required certificates of insurance.
- Complete the special event application form and additional forms if necessary.
Submit your special event applications at least 8+ weeks prior to your event date. Municipal staff will process the application and return an approval permit, complete with any accompanying conditions, requirements and/or restrictions.
Failure to comply with the requirements set out in this guide and/or with any relevant policies and procedures may result in the refusal of an event permit, ticketing or closure of the event.