The Chatham-Kent Shelter Solutions (CKSS) Program can help people who are homeless obtain and retain housing, and keep people who may be at risk of homelessness, or experiencing shelter insecurity, housed.
CKSS can assist qualifying individuals or families with:
- Rental deposits to secure accommodation
- Payments towards rental/mortgage/tax arrears to maintain or retain accommodation
- Payments towards utility arrears and/or reconnection fees to maintain service connections
- Under exceptional circumstances, other costs may be considered if they will assist with obtaining and/or retaining housing
To be eligible for CKSS, applicants must:
- Show that affordability problems are temporary, and can be addressed through one-time assistance
- Show that they are able to financially afford the accommodation's for which they are seeking assistance
- Meet specific financial need requirements. (Eligibility is determined by a financial needs test, which compares assets and household income to the expenses and amount of assistance requested)
- Reside in Chatham-Kent
Shelter Solutions Financial Supports
To receive financial assistance for housing contact:
Employment & Social Services
435 Grand Avenue West
Chatham, Ontario N7M 5R9
Do you have questions or comments about homelessness in Chatham-Kent?
Contact us at
email@example.com or call 519-351-8573.
Follow us on social media #CKhomeless to stay up to date with our progress towards ending homelessness in CK!