​Many people have concerns about wild carnivores living in their neighbourhood. It important that we respect and understand their needs. For more information see links below to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) fact sheet.

Residents who would like wildlife removed from their properties must do so at their own expense. Contact a pest control provider or a licensed trapper. Contact the MNRF at 1-800-667-1940 for an updated list of licensed trappers in Chatham-Kent. In the event of immediate danger to humans by wildlife, contact Police Services.

The Natural Resources Information and Support Centre (NRISC) is Ontario's source for general information about the MNRF. The NRISC responds to calls and emails from the public about hunting and fishing regulations, nuisance wildlife, land use, parks and protected areas and a wide variety of other subjects and can be reached at 1-800-667-1940.

Injured Wildlife

Check out Ontario Wildlife Rescue's website for a list of authorized rehabilitators within Ontario.  

Ministry of Natural Resources Fact Sheets

For more information, call Licensing Services at 519-360-1998 or email cklicensing@chatham-kent.ca.