The Municipality of Chatham-Kent is a single-tier municipal government in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. The municipality is mainly rural and agricultural, with industry in the larger urban areas. Municipal employees take an active role in attracting skilled talent to our community and recognize that people are our organization and the community's most valuable asset. We are dedicated, energetic, talented, innovative and passionate. Working together, we make up a team that is committed to meeting the needs of our community.
Our Corporate Mission
The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent is a proud, proactive, progressive team committed to innovation and leadership through the provision of services enhancing the quality of life in our community.
Our Community Vision
A welcoming, healthy, prosperous community that is culturally rich and naturally innovative.
Our Core Values
Respect & Civility
- We will create an environment that is inclusive and welcoming for everyone.
- We will be civil and professional.
Trust, Honesty & Integrity
- We believe in, have confidence in, and rely on one another.
- We will be truthful, courageous, trustworthy, and accountable for our actions.
- We will be straightforward and ethical.
- We will do the right thing.
- What everybody does matters.
- We will work together to achieve the common goal of serving our customers.
- We will listen, speak up, and be heard.
- Everyone knows what they need to know for a job to be well done.
- We believe in a safe workplace for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection.