Special Needs Services

​The Municipality of Chatham-Kent has partnerships with several agencies that provide resources and services to children with special needs.

Finding Special Needs Services

If you believe your child would benefit from special needs services, please use the Chatham-Kent Child Care and Supports Registry. Follow the prompts to set up an account and open the 'Supports Request' section.  

Once in this section, you are asked to complete a consent form (signed online using your mouse), then simply check off your concerns (behaviour, speech, hearing, etc.) and add in any information detailing your concerns. You will then be given a suggestion of support services from either Children's Treatment Centre, Public Health Unit and/or Chatham-Kent Children's Services. You will be able to select from these options then click the 'Submit' button to forward a self-referral to the service(s) of your choice. Shortly afterward a representative will contact you to make an appointment.

Agency Information

To learn more information regarding the services these agencies offer, please visit their websites:

CK Recreation offers Inclusive Recreation Camps with year-round programs, special events and services for youth and adults with disabilities.