In accordance with Ontario's COVID-19 public health measures, effective March 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will no longer be required to enter CKRecreation programs/facilities.
Please continue to follow along on the CK Recreation Facebook page and the CK Recreation Instagram feed for the most up-to-date information.
Please Note: There are quite a few changes to pool operations due to Covid-19 protocols. Please check out the COVID-19 updates for Recreational Swimming and Swimming Lessons.
Chatham-Kent offers two
indoor pools where you can register for recreational swimming, aquafit, swimming lessons, and aquatic certifications. You can also rent the pool for birthdays or private parties. Indoor pools run year-round.
View Indoor Pools
Chatham-Kent offers eight
outdoor pools, located throughout our community, where you can register for recreational swimming, aquafit, and swimming lessons. Outdoor pools are open in July and August. The summer pool schedule will be released in June 2022.
View Outdoor Pools
Pool Admission Standards
Admission Standards for Public Pools were developed by the Office of the Chief Coroner to assist lifeguards and assistant lifeguards in maintaining adequate surveillance over the whereabouts and the activities of young bathers while they are inside the pool enclosure.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care strongly supports these recommendations for the purposes of preventing injuries and fatalities:
- Children under the age of 10 years who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian who is at least 12 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision. The ratio of non-swimmers to parent or guardian may be increased to a maximum of 8 bathers to one parent or guardian (8:1) if lifejackets are worn by all non-swimmers in their charge.
- Children under the age of 10 years who are swimmers (able to demonstrate comfort in the water and pass the facility swim test) may be admitted to the swimming pool unaccompanied.
- Children under the age of 6 years may not be admitted to the swimming pool unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. The ratio of non-swimmers to parent or guardian is 2:1 without lifejackets and increases to 4:1 with lifejackets.
- Guardians or group leaders are responsible for their children in their care while in the facility and must directly supervise children at all times.
- Guardians or group leaders should be at least 12 years of age.
- Ratios of instructors/lifeguards to bathers must also be maintained as per Regulation 565.