Chatham-Kent's waterways offer a variety of choices for boaters. Whether you are sailing on Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair or planning a trip up the Thames or Sydenham Rivers, Chatham-Kent has eight (8) free public boat launches for both motorized and non-motorized boats.
* Please note that 118 Brock Street, Shrewsbury is private property and not the location of the Shrewsbury Boat Launch.
Need to report a problem at a boat launch? Create a Service Request online anytime!
Report a Problem
Located on the Sydenham River, these overnight transient docks are open from mid-May to Labour Day.
Enter the Sydenham River at the forks, continuing to Wallaceburg Municipal Docks. Baseline Road Bridge, Lord Selkirk Bridge and Walking Bridge are open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, with closures from noon to 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm due to heavy traffic conditions.
- 8-12 ft. draft at the dock
- Located in downtown Wallaceburg with shopping, dining and lounges available
- Electrical connections
- Garbage disposal
- Water access
Downtown Chatham Docks
Overnight transient docks in Downtown Chatham allow you to park your boat and enjoy restaurants, cafes, pubs, boutiques and shops. Power boaters will appreciate the relaxed setting of the Downtown Docks bordering beautiful Tecumseh Park and Downtown Chatham.
Enter the Thames River at Lighthouse Cove on Lake St. Clair. Follow the river (mid-point is approximately 21 feet in depth) for a leisurely 3-hour cruise (5 miles per hour) to the Chatham Docks. You will have access to shower facilities by the Civic Centre and Tecumseh Park.
- 8-10 ft. draft at the dock
- Electrical compatibility
- Garbage disposal
- Shopping, restaurants and lounges within walking distance
Downtown at West End, Thames River: Lat. 42° 19.92 Long 81° 28.12
Loran Co-ordinates: Lat. 42° 19.92 - Lon. 82° 28.12 TD1 31035.17- TD2 49990.11
Approximate clearances depending on water levels:
- Prairie Siding Bridge height is fixed at 22 ft.
- Parry Bridge height is fixed at 21 ft.
- Lacroix Street Bridge is fixed at a height of approximately 25 ft. About 1/4 mile past the Lacroix Street Bridge, the Downtown Docks begin on the south side of the river behind the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre.
- Third Street Bridge is fixed at a height of about 22 ft.