Chatham-Kent has approximately 850 bridges that have a span greater than 3 metres. Our Infrastructure and Engineering Services (IES) Department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of bridges that connect our roadways throughout the Municipality.
Thames River Bridge Openings
The fixed bridges (they do not open and close) are:
- The Prairie Siding Bridge has a height of nineteen (19) feet, depending on water levels, and is located halfway to Chatham on Jacob Road in Raleigh Township.
- The Parry Bridge has a height of twenty (20) feet and is the first bridge encountered upon arriving in Chatham.
- The Lacroix Street Bridge has a height of twenty-two (22) feet. It is located about ¼ mile past the Parry Bridge.
- The Downtown Docks begin on the south side of the River behind the Chatham Civic Centre.
- The Third Street Bridge has a height of twenty-one (21) feet.
- The Fifth Street Bridge has a height of twenty-one (21) feet.
Sydenham River Bridge Openings
During the navigational season (May 15-October 15) Public Works opens and closes the following operational bridges in Wallaceburg on a call-ahead basis:
- Baseline Bridge
- Lord Selkirk Bridge
- Lou Stonehouse Bridge
- Murray Bridge
- Dundas Bridge
Please call 1-855-945-1776 to have the bridge opened.
Maintenance / Repair Request
To request maintenance or a repair on a bridge call 519-360-1998 or create a service request online anytime!
Report a Problem
McDougall Line Bridge Environmental Assessment
For more information and comment form please refer to our
Let's Talk page for the McDougall Line Bridge Environmental Assessment.