In accordance with provincial government regulations, as of September 22, 2021, all visitors will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with a photo ID in order to enter all Chatham-Kent indoor sport and recreational fitness facilities.
The following are the proof of vaccination requirements as noted in the provincial regulations documents and provincial guidance documents.
Setting-Indoor premises of a facility used for sports and recreational fitness activities.
- All children under 12 years of age are exempt and youth under 18 years of age actively participating in an organized sport, including training, practices, games and competitions are exempt. Examples included below do not require proof of vaccination.
- sports leagues
- organized pick-up sports
- dance classes
- martial arts
- swimming classes
- Youth under 18 years of age using a gym or other area with exercise equipment or weights - require proof of vaccination.*
- Youth 12 (+) spectating, including at sporting events- require proof of vaccination.*
- Adult (18+) patrons accessing the facility for any purpose, including parents or guardians of youth participating in an organized sport- require proof of vaccination.*
*unless patron qualifies for an exemption
Note: Proof of vaccination (or proof of being entitled to an exemption) is not required for workers or volunteers, including coaches and officials when attending to engage in organized sport.
Winter ice rentals are available from September to the end of March for recreational skating, skating lessons, figure skating, ringette and hockey.
Summer use of the concrete floor surfaces may include ball hockey, lacrosse and other team sports. Dry pad rentals are available from April to August at a number of arenas.
Most arenas feature snack bars, offering a limited selection of hot and cold food and beverage items. Our municipal arenas have multipurpose activity rooms that are suitable for small receptions and tournament meeting areas.
To book any of the arena facilities, please email it to
email@example.com, or call 519-360-1998 during business hours.
Last-minute ice is available at the Chatham-Kent arenas one to four (1-4) days from the date of booking. Bookings will be on a first come first serve basis. Book by calling 519-360-1998 or emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The cost for last-minute ice is $100.00 per hour plus HST and is not refundable. Payment is due at the time of booking. Discounted ice is offered yearly starting in November.
- Scheduled rentals will not be cancelled and replaced with discounted ice, nor will they be added to a seasonal contract. Seasonal users booking discounted ice will have a separate contract for discounted ice bookings.
- A rental permit issued by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent must be signed and insured for a minimum of $2 million general liability prior to the booking.
- All terms and conditions for ice/floor use apply.
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent reserves the right to:
- Cancel ice bookings when it is considered to be used for profit or gain or is being abused to replace or in the place of regular ice bookings.
- Cancel or amend the implementation of last-minute discounted ice at its discretion.