Effective Saturday, April 3, 2021 Chatham-Kent will be within the province-wide "emergency brake" framework. The remaining municipal arenas with ice will be closed until further notice.
Winter ice rentals are available from September to the end of March for recreational skating, skating lessons, figure skating, ringette and hockey.
Summer use of the concrete floor surfaces may include ball hockey, lacrosse and other team sports. Dry pad rentals are available from April to August at a number of arenas.
Most arenas feature snack bars, offering a limited selection of hot and cold food and beverage items. Our municipal arenas have multipurpose activity rooms that are suitable for small receptions and tournament meeting areas.
To book any of the arena facilities, please fill in the
arena booking request form and email it to
email@example.com, or call 519-360-1998 during business hours.
Last Minute Ice
Last minute ice is available at the Chatham-Kent arenas one to four (1-4) days from the date of booking. Bookings will be on a first come first serve basis. Book by calling 519-360-1998 or emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The cost for last minute ice is $100.00 per hour plus HST and is not refundable. Payment is due at the time of booking.
- Scheduled rentals will not be cancelled and replaced with discounted ice, nor will they be added to a seasonal contract. Seasonal users booking discounted ice will have a separate contract for discounted ice bookings.
- A rental permit issued by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent must be signed and insured for a minimum of $2 million general liability prior to the booking.
- All terms and conditions for ice/floor use apply.
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent reserves the right to:
- Cancel ice bookings when it is considered to be used for profit or gain or is being abused to replace or in the place of regular ice bookings.
- Cancel or amend the implementation of last minute discounted ice at its discretion.