The Child Care Registry helps families find and apply for space with licensed Child Care Providers.
By joining the
Chatham-Kent Child Care Registry you will be able to:
- Find licensed child care that meets your needs
- Add your child(ren) to several child care providers' waitlists at one time
- Update your contact information and your child care needs, which will be immediately visible in all your child care applications
To learn how to use the
Chatham-Kent Child Care Registry, read the steps listed below.
View the Chatham-Kent Child Care Registry
1. Create Your Account or Log In
- Complete the parent and child detail information screens
- If you are interested in applying for support with the cost of child care click "Yes, I am interested in applying for child care subsidy."
- Click "Save & Continue" to apply to child care programs
2. Apply to Child Care
On the "Care Requirements" page, select the "Preferred Start Date" for child care. For example, if you need before and after school care for the upcoming school year, enter September 1. The Preferred Start Date must reflect the age that the child will be when entering the program.
a) Age Categories
- Infant: 0-17m
- Toddler: 18m-30m
- Preschool: 30m-4y8m
- KJ/SK: 3y8m-6y
- School Age: 6y-12y
b) Provider Type
- the appropriate provider types
- the number of days
- program times
It is encouraged to "Select All" for these categories as situations may change unexpectedly. This creates more options for parents in the future.
c) Child Care Programs
Apply to the child care programs by clicking the "Show Programs" button. Apply to multiple child care providers as space is limited. Prioritize your program choices using the number one choice as your preferred child care provider and program.
d) Submit Your Application
Click "Save & Return to Home Screen" to complete the application or click "Save & Add Support Request" which will lead to a referral to either Linck, Children's Treatment Centre or the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit.
Once you have returned to the home screen you can add another child, apply to other child care programs and change your preferred start date to apply for programs in another age category.
A child care provider will contact you directly once a space is available.
e) Keeping your Account Active
It is important that you keep your account active if you want to remain on the waitlist. You will be required to log into your account every 6 months to confirm your information is correct and up-to-date. Failure to do so will result in an email from OneHSN asking you to confirm that you want to keep your account active. You will be asked to click "Yes" or "No" in the email to stay active or not.
- If you select "Yes", your account will remain active and your applications for child care programs will not be affected.
- If you select "No", your account will be deactivated and all program applications will be removed.
If you do not respond to this email within 60 days of receiving it, your applications will be removed. Email is the only form of communication between you and OneHSN so please ensure that your email information is kept up-to-date, you check it and respond regularly. There will not be an opportunity to backdate your applications once they have been deactivated. If your account has been deactivated you will need to reapply.
Please be aware that registration on the
Chatham-Kent Child Care Registry does not guarantee that you will receive a space by the time care is required. Once you have registered, you may contact the child care providers directly for more information about expected wait times. Refer to the Child Care Locations page for telephone numbers.
For technical support with your application, email
email@example.com or call 519-351-1228 x 2429.