Raised in the Wallaceburg area Carmen has been actively involved within the community for many years. Her career path and community involvement have given her a diverse understanding of the needs within Wallaceburg and the communities of Chatham-Kent. Married to Tom, they have four wonderful children and nine grandchildren. Carmen's priorities are to attract new sustainable businesses while supporting current existing businesses, increase youth retention strategies and work for healthy, active age-friendly communities.
Councillor McGregor was first elected in 2014 and is now serving her second term from 2018-2022.
Experience & Community Involvement
- Graduate St. Clair College - Human Resource Management
- Office Manager, J. Thomas McGregor, Barrister & Solicitor
- Canadian Owner, International Freight Brokerage Training Company
- Trustee of the Lambton-Kent District School Board 2003 - 2014
- Director and Regional Vice President, Ontario Public School Board Association
- Association of Local Public Health Agencies Board of Health member since 2014 and Association President 2017/2018 and 2019/2020
Committee of Council Representative
- Chatham-Kent Board of Health
- Infrastructure Innovation Committee
- Public Utilities Commission
- Closed Session Chair