Child Care Subsidy Calculator
Use this child care subsidy calculator to determine your estimated monthly parental contribution amount for child care subsidy. Do not include a "$" sign when you enter any number/figures.
Please be aware that this calculation does not include any discounts that a family may be eligible for under the Canada Wide Early Learning and Child Care Program that started in 2022. A family’s specific circumstances will be discussed at the time of application and any applicable discounts will be explained.
You will need your Notice of Assessment/Reassessment (NOA) to be able to apply for child care subsidy. If you do not have your NOA, please call the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281.
Please enter the amount as shown on line 23600 from the NOA for the last tax year below for you and your partner if applicable.
Total Net Income for family unit: $
|Income at 0%
(First $0-$20,000 Per NOA(s) or CCTB Form)
||x 0% = $
|Income at 10%
(Next $20,000 - $40,000 Per NOA(s) or CCTB Form)
||x 10% = $
|Income at 30%
(all Remaining Income Per NOA(s) or CCTB Form Over $40,000)
||x 30% = $
|Monthly Contribution Requirement (A+B+C)/12
Based on the information you have provided, your monthly parental contribution towards the cost of a licensed child care is estimated to be: $
Contact the child care centre to find out what the actual cost of care would be without child care subsidy. If the actual cost of child care is more than your estimated parent contribution (above), then you could be eligible for child care subsidy.
This estimated parental contribution is a monthly amount and it is expected that you would pay the child care centre this amount each month, regardless of the number of children in care or the number of days in attendance.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible to apply for financial assistance if:
- You are living in Chatham-Kent.
- You have confirmed that a space is available for your child at a licensed child care centre, a home-care provider with a licensed child care agency. or a registered High Five Recreation Program that has a Purchase of Service Agreement with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
- You are the child's parent, kinship care, or legal guardian and the child is living with you.
- You have filed a Federal Tax Return and have a Notice of Assessment from the most recent tax year.
- You are working and/or attending school.
- Your child has been referred by a professional that has completed the
Chatham-Kent Therapeutic Referral Form. An approved referring agency may be a doctor, nurse practitioner, speech therapist or other early intervention professionals who are currently working with you or your child.
- The parent's doctor/specialist has submitted a
Chatham-Kent Therapeutic Referral Form indicating the parent's need for licensed child care.
Steps to Apply for Child Care Subsidy
Note: You cannot apply for Child Care Subsidy until you have been given a space at a licensed child care centre, licensed home care or are registering for an authorized recreation program.
Child Care Fee Subsidy Application
- When you apply for child care through the
Chatham-Kent Child Care and Supports Registry check 'yes' for child care subsidy. (Approved recreation providers are not part of the Registry. If applying for an approved recreation provider, proceed to Step 3.)
- Only apply if a child care provider has confirmed that you have a spot at their centre and have a start date.
- Create an account, or log in to your existing account, on the Child Care and Early Years Portal.
- Once signed into your account, click on the Child Care Fee Subsidy Application. This will launch the
online application form for you to complete. Within the application form, there will be a list of required documents that you must submit. You will upload the required documents through the portal.
- Once all required documents are received and accepted by our office, you will receive an email from
email@example.com connecting you with the Case Manager assigned to your file. Your Case Manager will schedule an appointment with you to determine your eligibility and complete your application.
- Completing the application with a Case Manager involves signing documents electronically through email and a phone application appointment. If you are unable to access email or a phone and require other accommodations, please contact our office for assistance.
Completing the Child Care Subsidy Application
A Case Manager will contact you to schedule the application appointment after we have all of your documents. Your subsidy will not start until your application is complete and the required documents have been submitted, verified, signed and completed. You are responsible to pay for child care that you schedule or use before you have your subsidy approval.
Documents Needed for Child Care Subsidy Applications
This is a general overview of documents that are required for the Child Care Subsidy application.
Your specific circumstances may require a selection of documents listed below. Please refer to your email from
firstname.lastname@example.org for your required documents. Your Child Care Subsidy Application appointment for financial assistance cannot be scheduled until all required documents are received.
The full cost of child care is the parent's responsibility until the Child Care Subsidy application is complete.
Documents submitted must be recent within the last 3 months.
If your marital status is married/common-law, we require these documents from both adults in the household.
Contract for Child Care Subsidy
At the time of application, annual review or other updates, you will receive a parental agreement contract for your subsidy. Your case manager will review the agreement and you will be required to sign and return the agreement before subsidy starts. By signing this contract, you agree to follow the policies of the fee subsidy program. These policies will be reviewed during your subsidy appointment. Refer to our
Child Care Subsidy Parent Handbook for additional information.
The parental agreement shows the start and end date of subsidy, your parent rate, and the children for which subsidy has been approved. You will also receive a copy of the Child Care Subsidy Approval Form that is sent to each child care centre you are enrolled at. The Child Care Subsidy Approval Form has specific details about the amount of your parental contribution, the number of days approved, and the end date for your child's placement at that child care location.
You will receive a copy for your records of both forms. While receiving subsidy, if the terms of this contract change, your agreement and approval form will be updated.