Unit 6 West Only
- Masking is required on the unit (masks are provided, discard mask after exiting the unit and perform hand hygiene)
- Visitors are permitted – please do not visit multiple residents in this unit.
- Visitors visiting an ill resident should wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided (mask, eye protection, gown and gloves).
- Residents are not permitted to leave 6 West for activities on other units.
On-Site Rapid Testing
- Rapid Antigen Testing on-site is not required upon entry.
- Self-monitoring and following signage posted at the entrance is mandatory – do not come in the building if you are sick.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is not required upon entry.
- There are no COVID-19 guidelines regarding resident absences.
- Please notify a unit staff member that a resident is leaving the unit.
- The visitor log book must be signed upon entering and exiting the building for both COVID-19 contact tracing purposes in the event of an outbreak, and to know who is in the building in the event of an emergency.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to be worn when visiting a resident in isolation- we will continue to follow any direction provided by the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit.
- Masks are not required indoors - masks will continue to be offered if an individual wishes to put one on.
- Masks continue to be required when designated as necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for rooms/ units that are in isolation or in outbreak status.
- Chatham-Kent Public Health may provide direction for masks to be worn during high periods of risk in the community.
- We are requesting proper hand hygiene when in the building.
- Items for residents must be delivered directly to the resident.
- Guidelines are subject to change.
Who can be a caregiver?
- Caregivers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Each resident may designate four (4) caregivers.
- A caregiver application must be completed, submitted and approved. The caregiver application can be downloaded below.
- Examples of caregivers include family members who provide meaningful connections, a privately hired caregiver, paid companions and translators.
- Caregivers may come in daily for any length of time.
- Caregivers are not required to do any tasks by RVG, but they can do the things they did prior to the pandemic to support the resident.
- Prior to visiting any resident for the first time, RVG will provide training to caregivers to show how to safely provide direct care, including putting on and taking off required PPE and hand hygiene.
- At least once every month RVG will ask caregivers to verbally agree they have read/re-read our visitor policy.
- RVG is responsible for providing surgical/procedure masks and eye protection ( when in outbreak status).
Submit Caregiver Applications by mail to:
519 King Street West
Chatham ON N7M 1G8
Please include your return address.
Caregiver Applications may be submitted in person by dropping them off at the Reception Desk inside the Robertson Avenue entrance.
For more information or questions about our services call 519-352-4823 or email us at