The Municipality is pleased to announce that the Chatham and Dresden ServiceOntario locations will be a part of the Health Card Services for International Agri-Food Workers (IAWS) effective Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Our ServiceOntario locations will be able to complete the following transactions: (all scenarios must be only with a closed work permit):
- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP)
- New Registrations
- Returning worker
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) employed in the farming industry
- New registrations
Chatham and Dresden ServiceOntario will not be able to complete the following related transactions:
- New registrations and renewal transactions for customers under TFWP who are not employed in the farming industry.
- Health Card services for:
- Family members of work permit holders
- Customers under/implied/maintained status
- Open work permit holders
ServiceOntario is seeking to harmonize health card services between public and private service centres to provide a better, more uniform customer experience, and ensure customers can be served at the service centre closest to them. This pilot will be the first step towards this goal.
Walk-in customers are welcome at both the Chatham and Dresden locations however, appointments are preferred for multiple transactions to better serve you by calling 519-360-1998, 311 locally or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Ontario customers are encouraged to visit the Service Ontario website www.serviceontario.ca for up-to-date office hours and locations.
For more information contact:
Acting Director of Customer Service
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
519-360-1998 x 3221