Chatham-Kent Housing Services administers programs that provide Chatham-Kent's residents with a variety of affordable housing options.
Our vision is to ensure every person in Chatham-Kent has an affordable, suitable and adequate home that provides the foundation needed to secure employment, raise a family and build a strong community. We've partnered with 13 private non-profit social housing providers and various community agencies to provide supportive services that enable all residents to live independently.
What is Social Housing?
Social housing is government-assisted housing that provides lower-cost rental units to households with low-to-moderate incomes and can include:
- public housing (owned directly or indirectly by service managers)
- not-for-profit and cooperative housing
- rent supplement programs (often in the private market)
- rural and indigenous housing (owned by Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services)
Housing Services is responsible for the program administration of the following non-profit and cooperative social housing providers in Chatham-Kent. Each social housing provider has its own internal policies that explain the rules and guidelines for their rental properties. Contact Housing Services at 519-351-1228 for copies of any policies associated with:
- Chatham Hope Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Chatham-Kent Housing Services (Public Housing)
- Christian Senior Citizens Home Association
- Clairvue Housing Co-operative Incorporated
- Columbus Estates of Chatham Incorporated
- Legion Villa (Corporal Harry Miner)
- Labourview Co-operative Homes Incorporated
- New Beginnings Housing Project of Chatham
- Park Street United Church Non-Profit Housing Corporation (Wedgewood)
- Ridge Marsh Manor Incorporated
- Ridgetown Community Estates Incorporated
- Riverway Court Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Kinsmen Court Non-Profit Housing Corporation
Applications, Forms, Policies & Procedures
Download and submit your signed, dated and completed applications and forms to