Chatham-Kent provides a high quality of life in safe and affordable communities. With access to both a rural lifestyle and urban amenities, CK is a great place to work, learn, have fun, and call home.
We love to call CK home and are so pleased that you are choosing to make our home, your home - let's help to make your move easy!
Moving to CK Checklist
- Contact the LivingCK team - we are here to help you find your way, answer your questions and connect you to your new community.
- Accommodations - if you need a place to stay for your first nights in Chatham-Kent, VisitCK.ca has information on places to stay. Then check out permanent accommodations.
- Think about what you like to do in your spare time, and contact LivingCK - we can help you connect to organizations and activities that will help and support you as you get settled in Chatham-Kent.
- Set up your home with essential services such as utilities (Contact Entegrus for water and electricity and Contact Enbridge for gas), and telephone & internet.
- Find local schools and register your children.
- Arrange childcare for your children if you will be working.
- Find a family doctor and local healthcare supports.
- Consider your transportation needs. If you are moving from outside of Ontario, find information on applying for an Ontario Drivers License.
- Visit one of the Chatham-Kent Public Library's eleven branches to obtain a free library card and learn more about programs and services, like the Community Navigators. You can get information in multiple languages as well as use public computers and the internet.
- Start to make plans to explore your new home - the VisitCK tourism website has lots of ideas for days in CK.
- Establish what Municipal Ward you live in and learn more about local government - get to know your local councillors.
If you are moving to Chatham-Kent from outside of Canada, find information about immigrating to CK to help get you started. If English is not your first language, use the "Translate" button at the bottom of each webpage to translate the web content into your preferred language.