The Chatham-Kent Local Immigration Partnership invites you to join the Chatham-Kent Welcome Network (CKWN). The Chatham-Kent Welcome Network promotes the efforts of organizations and businesses to make Chatham-Kent a welcoming community to newcomers by connecting residents both new and old to the people and services that can assist with a variety of settlement or immigration issues.
Are you looking for help getting settled in CK? Find information and settlement supports from:
Members of the CKWN will be able to successfully connect clients and guests to settlement supports on the LivingCK website or through settlement agencies. For a full list of settlement and immigration supports in Chatham-Kent, please view the map below.
How it works:
- Businesses and organizations join the Chatham-Kent Welcome Network by demonstrating they meet a variety of criteria around Cultural Awareness and Cultural Sensitivity (see below).
- Successful businesses and organizations will provide their staff with information on the CK Welcome Network, allowing them to better assist anyone seeking information about settlement or immigration supports in Chatham-Kent.
- Businesses and organizations receive a window-decal and certificate which identify them as a member of the CK Welcome Network to customers and guests. Anywhere someone sees the CK Welcome Network logo, they will have a direct connection to resources and supports that assist newcomers to integrate more quickly and feel at home in the community.
- Businesses and organizations will receive tools, information, and resources on how they can create more welcoming spaces. This information is shared on a monthly basis through the CK LIP Monthly Newsletter.
- Promote Chatham-Kent as a welcoming community
- Improve cultural awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Increase newcomers' access to services
- Increase newcomers' sense of belonging
Benefits of Membership
- Promote your organization's ability to serve diverse client/customer base
- Access information on diversity and newcomer services
- Improve capacity to celebrate diversity
To learn if your organization meets the criteria to become a member of the Chatham-Kent Welcome Network and to apply, please view the application form
here. Completed forms can be e-mailed to: email@example.com