Walk-in Clinics provide health care services to people who require non-urgent medical attention, and serve all people covered under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Chatham-Kent has walk-in clinics that provide general medical attention and clinics that specifically offer sexual health services. Contact the clinic directly for walk-in hours, to book an appointment, or to ask about fees for service.
Emergency health care service is provided by hospitals and emergency rooms throughout Chatham-Kent.
For General Health
From Here to There Medical - Chatham
- 100 King Street West (Inside the Downtown Chatham Centre Pharmacy)
- Phone: 226-799-1989
From Here to There Medical - Ridgetown
- 22 Main Street East (Inside the Pharmasave Ridge Apothecary)
- Phone: 226-798-4415
Tilbury Walk-In Clinic
MobileCare is free walk-in service for all which travels to participating communities to increase access to mental health and addictions care, as well as primary care. The goals of MobileCare are to:
- Provide early intervention care in a culturally competent and safe manner
- Offer a variety of services together under one roof, close to home
- Reduce the need for clients to travel to access healthcare services
In Chatham-Kent, MobileCare serves Blenheim, Chatham, Thamesville, Tilbury, Wallaceburg, as well as neighbouring Eelūnaapèewi Lahkèewiit (Delaware Nation) and Bkejwanong Walpole Island First Nation.
To find specific locations and the service schedule, visit ck.mobilecareclinic.ca.
For Sexual Health
Sexual health walk-in services include:
- Birth control purchase and pick up (if you are a client, or have a Consent to Dispense)
- Emergency contraception pill ("morning after pill" or Plan B)
- Free pregnancy testing and counselling
- Sexual health counselling
- Free condoms
- Scheduling clinic appointments
Chatham-Kent Public Health - Sexual Health Clinic
Health Connect Ontario
Ontario offers a free and confidential phone service, Health Connect Ontario, to a Registered Nurse. Health Connect Ontario is offered in English and French, with support in 110 languages.
Call Health Connect Ontario if you have a general health question. They will offer you advice on what to do and where to go for help. You do not need to provide a health insurance number.
Health Connect Ontario Numbers:
- Call 811
- TTY: 1-866-797-0007
Note: In a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.