The Chatham-Kent Local Immigration Partnership Immigrant Advisory Group (CK LIP IAG) offers a great opportunity for immigrants and newcomers to participate in an initiative that will contribute to creating a more welcoming Chatham-Kent.
About the CK LIP Immigrant Advisory Group
The CK LIP Immigrant Advisory Group consists of immigrants and newcomers who are interested in contributing to creating a more welcoming Chatham-Kent by sharing their experiences of settling in Chatham-Kent and providing input on how to improve the immigrant's experience in the community.
Current Members of the IAG include:
- 25 Immigrants
- All members are residents of Chatham-Kent
- All members are 18 years of age or older
- The CK LIP Immigrant Advisory Group acts as a resource for CK LIP Council. The group is responsible for providing input to CK LIP Council on what immigrants are experiencing in the community while also sharing ideas on creating a more welcoming community for Chatham-Kent's immigrants and newcomers.
Membership and Meetings:
- Members of the IAG serve a two-year term
- The CK LIP IAG meets four times per year (or more if required)
2021 Year in Review:
- Since its establishment, the Immigrant Advisory Group has had a tremendous impact on the work of the CK LIP and the broader community. The CK LIP IAG: 2021 Year in Review infographic has been developed to highlight some of the work and involvement of the members.