Working as a registered Early Childhood Educator is more than a job - it's a rewarding career!
"We call what we do "heart work" for a reason. It is demanding in the most wonderful, exuberant ways!" Mary, RECE Early Years Educator.
Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) have diverse career pathways, such as Early Years Educator, Developmental Support Worker, Educational Assistant, Child Care Supervisor, and Director. There are also specialized careers in Early Literacy, Special Needs, and Policy Development. In Chatham-Kent, the opportunities for professional growth and personal fulfillment are wide-ranging and strongly supported.
RECE's enjoy a range of flexibility and benefits like:
- Flexible hours: Weekdays, options for evenings, Before and After School programs
- Become your own boss: You could run your own home child care.
- Rewarding relationships cultivated through working with various ages and diverse groups.
- Outdoor experiences with physical activity in natural settings and learning through play every day.
- The opportunity to collaborate with other professionals creating engaging environments and experiences to foster children's learning and development
"I'm very passionate about this field, and knowing that the impact I have on these children day to day will last a lifetime, and for generations to come." Sylvie, RECE Bilingual Early Years Educator.
Read more about why Sylvie chose to live in Chatham-Kent, and what she loves about working as a Registered Early Childhood Educator in her story.