The agriculture sector in Chatham-Kent is vast, ranging from custom farming, seed production, research and innovation development, and agri-food industry, to building grain-holding and dryer equipment. There are many different agricultural positions available, including General Labourers, Agronomists, Equipment Technicians, Production and Sales Managers, and more. In Chatham-Kent you will find opportunities for career development and growth across the sector.
Here are a few of Chatham-Kent’s agriculture businesses to help your employment search:
- AgMedica Bioscience - producer in the Canadian medical cannabis industry.
- AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. - farmer-owned and a leader in precision farming technology, seed, agronomy and petroleum services.
- Centre for Agricultural Renewable Energy and Sustainability (CARES) - integrates research, training, education, technology transfer and rural community development in bio-energy and the bio-economy.
- Corteva Agriscience - a global agriculture company that specializes in seed products, crop protection, software solutions and digital services.
- Devolder Farms - producer of quality pedigreed seed and sales of grain storage, drying, and handling equipment.
- Great Lakes Food Company - world’s leading producer of freshwater lake smelt.
- Greenfield Global - works with major integrated oil companies to produce ethanol fuel.
- Greenhill Produce - 86 acres of high-tech greenhouses that specializes in growing hydroponic sweet bell peppers.
- Huron Tractor - full service John Deere dealer.
- Kent Farm Supplies - farm supplier with inventory of used equipment, parts and supplies.
- Lambton Conveyors - is a multinational manufacturer of grain, storage, material handling, drying and feed equipment.
- Nature Finest Produce - fresh produce operation with 65,000 square foot packhouse.
- Peeters Mushroom Farms - specializes in growing and marketing fresh, white agaricus mushrooms.
- Platinum Produce - 70 acres of high-tech greenhouses that produces sweet bell peppers.
- Pride Seeds - leader in seed research, production and quality in the agriculture industry.
- Sunshine Asparagus Farms - family-owned farm and producer of 23 different pickled products.
- The Andersons - produce grains and edible beans for fuels and food.
- The Pickle Station - growing and grading cucumbers and peppers that are shipped to North American processors.
- Tomecek Agronomy Services Inc. - independent consulting services on crops, soil-sampling, crop planning and data management.
- Truly Green Farms – tomato greenhouses connected to GreenField Ethanol to utilize their waste heat and carbon dioxide for operation.
- Weather Innovations Incorporated - provides decision support systems for the agricultural sector by monitoring weather conditions to assist farmers.
- Whytes Food - manufacturing facility for Strub’s pickles and a lineup of other quality pickled products.
This is not a complete list of all agriculture businesses in Chatham-Kent. If your business is missing from the list, email us
so we can add it.