Two young kids doing arts and crafts

Someone to Turn to

Whether you or your child requires the assistance of a parent, settlement counsellor or support group, our goal is to connect Chatham-Kent’s youth with the right services and programs.

The links below offer information about the following topics:

School Adjustment Support

Adjusting to a new school and new academic system can be challenging. This can be especially problematic if you are not studying in your first language. Our community provides tutoring services, as well as ESL assistance.

Tutors are available through Sylvan Learning, but more can be found through First Tutors Canada. Your child’s school may also offer tutoring programs or services.

Language assistance is available for those who are learning English as a second language through the following:

Community Involvement

There are many clubs, groups and programs for youth in Chatham-Kent. They provide great opportunities for young people to meet friends, share special experiences with others and learn new skills.

Your child may also benefit from taking on a recreational activity, such as a team sport or a musical art. Developing skills in athletics or the arts opens the door to more community involvement and many special opportunities when your child becomes an adult.

We are also excited to have youth employed within Chatham-Kent. There are resources to help youth discover employment opportunities meant specifically for students and newcomer youth. Advice and other job finding tools are accessible through our work and business section of the portal.

Health and Wellness

Chatham-Kent is a safe community that offers quality health care to its residents. We have resources to help you and your family find a family doctor, as well as special health care providers, such as dentists and eye doctors. We would also like to help you apply for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).

Beyond physical health, we also want your youth to enjoy emotional and spiritual health. The following resources can provide you and your child support regarding youth-related difficulties: