Are you looking to
lease a car?
To view a listing of
automotive dealerships in Chatham-Kent, please go to the
Chatham-Kent Business and Service Directory. Select the “Automotive” directory; choose
the “Dealers/Dealerships" sub-directory and
choice of community.
If you would like to privately buy or sell a car visit:
• local newspaper classifieds
• the Autotrader.ca
Used Vehicle Information Package (UVIP) is needed to privately sell a car.
You can buy the UVIP, for
$20, at the
Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Office. You should ask to see the UVIP before buying the vehicle.
When you are looking to buy a new or used car think about the following items:
- Which options and features do you want in a car
- Visit the bank to see if you can apply for a loan
- Visit a dealership in Chatham-Kent to test drive a car
- Check the automobile insurance cost of the car
- Find out the worth of the car by visiting
- If you buy privately, ask to see the used vehicle information package
- Have the car inspected by a certified mechanic. This may also include a
Drive Clean Inspection on the car.
- Yellow Pages
- Talk to your dealership.
The following websites are useful when buying or repairing a car:
If you are considering buying an electric car be sure to visit this link
to see if you are eligible for a financial incentive from the Ministry of Transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Needing more information? Check out the Ministry of Transportation's site for Frequently Asked Questions
. Here you can find further information related to buying or leasing a vehicle.