Adult Language & Learning
Adult Language & Learning (ALL) provides settlement services for immigrants, including workshops and information sessions to help newcomers learn about living in Chatham-Kent. For up to date information on monthly events, please see Adult Language and Learning's homepage.
Services offered include:
- Classroom training in Literacy Basic Skills (LBS) and Essential Skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Immigrant Settlement Adaptation Program (ISAP)
- Citizenship classes (Offered based on need)
Centre Communitaire Francophone - Windsor, Essex, Kent
Centre Communitaire Francophone offers services to school-aged newcomers through settlement worker placed in schools throughout the region.
- Support for parents and tutors with questions regarding assimilation and integration
- Assistance for families looking for resources and special assistance in their own communities
- Counsel for school personnel, helping them understand the unique needs of immigrated children
Chatham-Kent Public Library
The Chatham-Kent Public Library offers a variety of resources and information for newcomers and immigrants. For up to date information please follow the Programs and Events link, or contact your local library.
United Way of Chatham-Kent
United Way Chatham-Kent (UWCK) is committed to the engagement and participation of their resources to “improve lives and build community” in order to affect “well-being for everyone in Chatham-Kent”. For a full listing on the many programs, services and agencies supported, please visit www.uwock.ca.
The 425 – United Way Centre For Community Innovation
425 McNaughton Avenue West, P.O. Box 606
Chatham, Ontario N7M 5K8
Tilbury Information and H.E.L.P. Centre
20 Queen Street North, P.O. Box 309
Tilbury, Ontario N0P 2L0
The Chatham-Kent Gay Pride Association (Pride CK)
The Chatham-Kent Gay Pride Association promotes unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity throughout Chatham-Kent. Most importantly, they aim to create a sense of community and a safe space for LGBT individuals, their families and their allies.
Places of Worship
Chatham-Kent is home to many active faith and religious communities. To find out more and get connected, visit 211 for places of worship.