The Ontario and Federal governments offer a variety of funding opportunities that your organization may be eligible for. Below are current opportunities. Please pay attention to deadlines and click on the web links to access more information for each program. Should you have any questions about any of the following programs, please contact Chatham-Kent Tourism - email us.
Apply now through April 28, 2023 at 5pm
For information on the program, please see the Experience Ontario Application Guide.
The Ontario government has just (April 4, 2023) the Experience Ontario 2023 program for festivals and events taking place between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024.
This year, the government is investing $19.5 million in one-time funding through the Experience Ontario 2023 program to provide support to in-person festivals and events with a tourism economic impact to motivate visitors to rediscover Ontario, reconnect people with local experiences, and increase tourism spending. Applications will be measured against program criteria and, as such, there is no guarantee of funding.
Eligible organizations must:
- Be Ontario-based entities in existence since January 1, 2022 or before, including those that are established by or under legislation; are federally or provincially incorporated; or are band councils as defined under the Indian Act
- Not be in default of the terms and conditions of any grant or loan agreement with any ministry or agency of the Government of Ontario 5
- Have a Canadian bank account in the legal name of the applicant at a Canadian financial institution conducting business in Ontario
Eligible Festivals or Events Festivals or events must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Take place between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024, over a minimum of two consecutive days*
- Occur in the province of Ontario
- Be open to the public at large without membership in a club or group
- Be promoted to tourists (DEFINED AS as an individual (including an Ontario resident) who travels 40 kilometres or more (one-way) or crosses a border into Ontario to attend an event)
- Follow all municipal and provincial guidelines, including health and safety guidelines.
*One-day festivals or events held on Canada Day are eligible for funding.
Applicants are eligible to apply for a grant of up to 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum of $125,000.
The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport will only consider one application per organization to the Experience Ontario 2023 program or the Marquee Event Fund 2023.
Regional Advisors are available to assist with questions about the application process.
The application period is now open – applications will be accepted until April 28, 2023, at 5PM (EDT).
Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries
Deadline: Applications are accepted on an on-going basis, but must be submitted at least four months before the event start date.
Description: The Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster program supports costs related to hosting:
- major one-time events in Ontario
- events that do not recur annually or biennially in Ontario
- national or international events in Ontario