https://www.chatham-kent.ca/visitck/communities/Pages/mitchellsbay.aspxEnjoy a fun-filled day trip for all the family; with a great playground designed for all ages, soft sand, a splash pad, green open spaces for picnics and warm, shallow waters, the bay has it all. You can walk along the Memorial Park Trail and the South Lakeshore Trail, which has amazing views along the boardwalk and observation area. The sculpture artworks along the South Lakeshore Trails adds to your hike with a must take Instagram photo in the Flintstone car. You can stay for a tasty dinner at Parkside Restaurant or Bob n' Buoys Bar & Boil and enjoy one of the finest sunsets you're ever likely to see, with views of the Detroit skyline in the distance.
Mitchell's Bay offers fishing year round. In the bay, you will find several boat launches and tackle shops to ensure a relaxing day on the water. There is plenty of lodging for overnight fishing trips and the Mitchell's Bay Marine Park is perfect for camping. In the winter, ice fishing is an amazing sight with huts visible all along the bay's frozen ice. In July, enjoy the Antique Car, Truck, Tractor and Bike Show, while you can take part in the annual Canadian Tire Mitchell's Bay Open.
Stops to make in and around the bay area:
- The French community of Pain Court (short bread) is worthy of a stop - this beautiful town rich in history is one of the earliest French-speaking communities in Southern Ontario. You can take a beautiful walk in Parc Centennaire or get in a quick game of tennis or pickle ball on the courts. In June, you can visit the annual Pain Court Truck and Tractor Pull located under the water tower. It is a fun event that you do not want to miss.
- Stop at the Central Tavern (known by the locals as "the Central") in Pain Court, a highly recommended restaurant is a must to try their frog legs or Jacks Wings.
- Grab take out for a picnic at the Grande Pointe pavilion and park to let the kids' burn off energy or to stretch your legs.
- Check out the beautiful St. Clair National Wildlife Area, a 242-hectare wetlands that is a haven for bird watchers and nature lovers.
- Launch your canoe or kayak at Parry Landing for a relaxing afternoon on the Thames River.