As a Chatham-Kent tourism operator or stakeholder, you have access to many different resources and training opportunities. Due to COVID-19 many training sessions are offered virtually or in a webinar format. Some are free to attend, while others may have a small fee. We encourage you to check back often, as this page will be updated frequently based on availability.
Taking place April 20th and April 21st at the JD Bradley Convention Centre, the Chatham-Kent Business Summit is designed to showcase CK's existing business offerings, help forge new partnerships, and offer educational opportunities to drive success. Connect with up to 80 local businesses and discover the lineup of dynamic speakers sharing their business insight and knowledge.
List of Speakers and Topics
- Gary McDonald - 12:30 - 1:30pm - Organizational Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast.
- Camp Tech - 2:00 - 5:00pm - How to effectively plan your content for socials
- Key Note Address - Michael 'Pinball' Clemons - 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Camp Tech - 9:00 -12:00pm - How to launch an e-commerce site that grows with you.
- Pierre Aubin - CEO of TekSavvy -12:00 -12:30pm
- Rebecca Haskell-Thomas - Diversity Equity, Inclusion and Justice - 12:40 - 1:15pm
- Darryl Julott, Digital Mainstreet - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Lori Sheppard - Workplace Safety & Prevention Services - 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Key Note Address - Danielle Campeau McLeod - 4:30 - 5:30pm
Courses offered by Chatham-Kent Public Health both in-person, for a fee, or online, for free. Safe Food Handling testing can be completed in-person through Public Health, for a small fee, if training is completed online.
The Smart Serve responsible sales, service and delivery training program is approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Training and testing are completed online, for a fee. Smart Serve Recertification can also be completed through the online program.
Gain insight into the current labour market and trends happening in Chatham-Kent and Ontario.