Chatham Accessible Transit is a curb-to-curb shared ride public transit service for individuals with a disability. Register for a ride to work, school, medical appointments, personal business appointments and leisure activities. This service operates within the Chatham city limits.
Please view the map of service boundaries.
Hours of Service
- Monday – Saturday: 6:15 am to 7:15 pm
- Friday Evening: 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Register for Chatham Accessible Transit
Chatham-Kent Civic Centre to pick up a form in person, or download the
The application must:
- Be filled out by applicant or designated person giving reasons for request
- State if the application is for permanent or temporary service
- Be signed by the applicant or signed on behalf of the applicant
- Be signed by attending doctor or nurse practitioner giving his/her medical reasons why applicant needs the use of the accessible transit
email or mail to:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Engineering & Transportation Division
P.O. Box 640
315 King Street West
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8
How to Book a Ride
Book a ride by calling 519-436-3233.
Be sure to book:
Provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Exact address of pick-up and destination
- Desired time of pickup
- If you will be accompanied by an attendant
Frequently Asked Questions
Can someone come with me?
- If you require someone to assist you (as indicated on your approved application form) the person must be present at all times and will travel free of charge. All companions not designated as an attendant are subject to the one way ride fare.
Can I cancel my trip?
- Please give 24 hours notice. Insufficient notice of cancellation may result in full-fare payment.
Will I be able to get a ride on a regular basis?
- A standing arrangement for service is available to those who are travelling at a regular time to and/or from a destination such as work, post-secondary school or medical facility.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- Have exact fare ready.
- Be ready five (5) minutes ahead of your scheduled time.
- The driver is not required to wait more than five (5) minutes past your appointed pick-up time.
- If you must cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Be as flexible as possible in regards to your arrangements for a ride. Allow up to twenty (20) minutes wait from your scheduled pick-up time, especially in bad weather.
- All passengers must wear seatbelts.
- All personal belongings must be in your care and control at all times.
- No smoking allowed.
- Please call 519-360-1998 to cancel if you no longer need this service.