Online smart card registration and transit fare loading are now available for CKTransit services.
*It can take up to 24 hours for the system to update. Therefore, please make sure you purchase/load your passes in advance to ensure they are active when you tap your card on the bus. The system will use the current fare until its exhausted, i.e.: a 30-Day Pass will not start until the old 30-Day Pass has expired, allowing you to preload more than one 30-Day period at a time.
The $2.60 shipping fee for new Smart Cards is temporarily being waived during the current Covid-19 lockdown in Chatham-Kent. This fee will resume when Chatham-Kent Municipal Centers return to normal working operations. The transaction fee of $0.40 and the replacement fee of $5.00 for lost or stolen cards still apply.
Instructions for Online Card Loading
For detailed information on how to use the online loading portal please download User Guide (pdf).
*Please note the Accessible Pass and Affordable Pass cannot be initially purchased online but may be reloaded online. The Semester Pass cannot be initially purchased online and also cannot be reloaded online.
Why Register and Load Online?
- Registration protects against loss or theft. Block your card and transfer unused balances or passes to a replacement card
- Reload Cash Passes online from the convenience of your home
- Set up auto-renewal or auto-reloading for 30-Day Passes and Cash Passes
- Check your balance at any time
- Order new cards online and have them mailed to your address or for pickup at any Municipal Centre
- Manage multiple cards through a single account (great for social service groups!)
- View your transaction history and print receipts for income tax purposes
In-Person Purchase Still Available
Riders preferring to purchase their Smart Card in person should contact their Municipal Centre or visit one of the Shoppers Drug Mart locations found at the bottom of this page.