Access materials not available in CKPL's collection with Interlibrary loan. When you submit a title suggestion, library staff review it to see if it meets our Collection Development Policy. If it is not something we are able to add to our collection, we will try to request the material from another library system through an interlibrary loan.
Please check our
online catalogue to make sure CKPL does not already own the material before submitting your suggestion.
Suggest a Title
We do not borrow the following types of materials through interlibrary loan:
- Materials published in the current calendar year
- High-demand materials, such as bestsellers, mass-market paperbacks, course and project material
- Book club reading lists
- Current editions of standard reference materials
- Non-print material, such as DVDs and books on CD
- Entire issues of magazines, journals and other periodicals (request photocopies may be available)
- Multiple copies of the same title
- Multi-volume sets or series
- Materials only available from libraries outside North America
To use this service, your library account must be up-to-date and not have any overdue fines or charges of $10.00 or more. Please visit any CKPL branch to renew your card or clear your account. We may limit the number of requests you may make at one time. See our
Interlibrary Loan Policy for more details.
Each library system has its own interlibrary loan policies so loan periods vary. For renewals, please call 519-354-2940. Items may be returned to any CKPL branch. Overdue fines apply and a replacement fee will be charged for any item returned without its plastic case. See the current
Schedule of Fees and Fines. The replacement fee for lost or damaged materials is set by the lending library.
Interlibrary loan services are provided via the province-wide
Information Network for Ontario.
If you need help finding what you are looking for, just Ask CKPL!