Virtual How-To Festival
Learn something new in 20 minutes or less! CKPL's How-To Festival is in celebration of Ontario Public Library Week and will take place from October 16 to 23. During the Festival a new How-To video will be posted each morning to CKPL's Facebook page and YouTube channel. How-To Kits will be sent out to registered participants after videos are posted each day. Registration is required and opens on Friday, October 8. Register online or through through Ask CKPL.
How To Event Schedule
- Saturday, October 16 - How-To Make a Cat Castle
- Sunday, October 17 - How-To Get Started with Watercolours
- Monday, October 18 - How-To Tie Dye with Fruits and Veggies
- Tuesday, October 19 - How-To Make a Birds Nest Necklace
- Wednesday, October 20 - How-To Regrow Vegetable Scraps
- Thursday, October 21 - How-To Make Candy Sushi
- Friday, October 22 - How-To Make Slime
- Saturday, October 23 - How-To Learn Advanced Watercolour Techniques
The Great Gnome Tome Hunt
During the month of October, CKPL will be offering a virtual escape room with a twist. Instead of breaking out of a room, the goal is to find a book hidden in the library. Participants will solve a series of virtual puzzles at home and then bring the secret code to any CKPL branch to continue the hunt.
The Great Gnome Tome Hunt is a family activity geared to children ages 8 and up. Start the puzzles here!