CKPL's Strategic Plan identifies five top priorities and illustrates how staff will work with Municipality of Chatham-Kent Council and community to ensure that CKPL remains an important community hub throughout Chatham-Kent.
- CKPL creates welcoming and accessible spaces.
- CKPL encourages Chatham-Kent residents to engage in the virtual world.
- CKPL proactively provides programming that informs, inspires and enriches the lives of CK residents.
- CKPL will be a socially inclusive space.
- CKPL is a gateway to culture and heritage.
To be an indispensable centre of culture, community and learning in Chatham-Kent.
Connecting communities with information and inspiration.
Learning - We believe that CKPL is a vital stepping stone in a lifetime of learning.
Intersection - We bring together diverse ways of thinking, to collide and intersect; where communities can be created and connected.
Accessibility - We offer free access to people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Accountability - We respect the community's needs and contribute to our economy and culture.
Welcoming Space - We create a positive environment that welcomes and inspires both staff and community members.
Intellectual Freedom - We uphold the principles of intellectual freedom and the open exchange of information.