Chatham-Kent Angling Tournaments
Tournament fishing for many, requires long hours on the water, practice, little sleep, equipment, and plenty of patience among other things. For others, the simple joy of being with friends who share the same passion, with the hope of reeling in the biggest is enough to keep them entering year after year. In Chatham-Kent there are three significant tournaments, which draw in participants from across Ontario, Michigan and Ohio annually.
July 1-18, 2021
- Erieau, annually at the end of June
- top prize $3000 salmon, walleye
- based at
- daily, single and family rates available
- awards issued on the last day at the picnic shelter at Erieau Marina
July 9-10, 2021
- Mitchell's Bay, annually the first weekend in July
- Registration is FULL, waitlist in effect
- 2 day live release bass tournament
July 29 - August 2. 2021
- Wheatley, annually the last week in July
- based out of
- prize payouts based on the number of participants
- top prize $1500 salmon, walleye
Follow us on
Facebook to keep up to date with other fishing events year round.
Know Before You Go
A valid Outdoors Card is required to fish in Chatham-Kent. For the location of the licence issuer nearest you, visit ontario.ca/outdoorscard or call 1-800-387-7011 or 1-800-667-1940.
Click here for a
complete Ontario fishing regulation information package. In Chatham-Kent, you can purchase a license at most Canadian Tire locations, though it's best to call ahead to confirm. It's often wise to apply for your card before coming so you have it on hand. You can
apply online for your card as well.
Fish without a license days
Four times a year, Canadian residents can fish in Ontario without buying a fishing license:
- Family Fishing Weekend in February
- Mother's Day Weekend in May
- Father's Day Weekend in June
- Family Fishing Week in July