Through the Small Business Centre you have access to a wide range of consultation services. All services are confidential and free of charge. Appointments generally last for one hour and can be booked by contacting us.
Business Consultants can provide:
- No-cost one-on-one consultations to discuss your business ideas, stages of planning, and any specific issues or assistance you may require
- Guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations, and other forms and documents required to start and build a business
- Advice and support on preparing a business plan, including help working through any roadblocks in the planning process
- Help with obtaining financing, preparing a cash flow, and understanding government programs and services that may be available
- Insight and a formal review of your plans and presentations in order to be better prepared to work with lenders and investors
- Direction on developing a marketing and communication plan to help you promote your business
- Research and support for finding suppliers, equipment, and inventory you may need
Our business consultations are meant solely as a form of advice and direction, with the concept of self-help present throughout all discussions. The Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre encourages you to seek professional advice on legal, tax and accounting matters where necessary.