Applications for the 2023 Summer Company cohort are now open.
Click here to apply!
Summer Company is a program designed to help enterprising young people start up and run their own summer businesses. Students between 15 and 29 years old can start their own business with training, mentorship and $3,000 from Chatham-Kent Economic Development and the Small Business Centre.
All that's required is a good summer company idea, commitment and hard work. In return, students receive hands-on business training from successful business leaders and financial support with awards of up to $3,000 to assist with start-up costs and working capital over the course of the summer.
How Do I Apply for Summer Company?
Am I Eligible for Summer Company?
- Between 15-29 years of age as of April 1
- A student returning to school full or part-time in the fall
- Proposing a new start-up business
- A resident of Ontario, a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
- Not operating an existing business or employed more than 8 hours per week over the course of the summer
- Prepared to commit a minimum of 8 consecutive weeks full-time to the experience
Businesses Not Eligible for Summer Company are:
- A partnership
- A franchise
- A distributorship
- A multi-level marketing venture, DJ's dance/party events
- A 1-900 business
- A previous recipient of a Summer Company Award