The Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre's small business advisors are available to meet with you to confidentially discuss your business idea or plan. Bouncing ideas off of friends and family is a good way to start getting some help, but it's no substitute for talking to a qualified expert. The Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre provides you with a face-to-face business expert who can help you with your specific concerns.
Our experienced consultants are dedicated to helping you navigate through the stages of planning, starting and growing your small business. While you can always choose to go it alone and learn from your mistakes, there is nothing better than having a team help you prepare for and avoid common business challenges and pitfalls. Download a
business plan template here.
Get practical, common-sense, and insightful information for your business. Book a free consultation today by calling 519-351-7700.
Through the Small Business Centre, you have access to a wide range of consultation services, including:
- No-cost one-on-one consultations to discuss your business ideas, stages of planning, and any specific issues or assistance you may require
- Guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations, and other forms and documents required to start and build a business
- Advice and support on preparing a business plan, including help working through any roadblocks in the planning process
- Help with obtaining financing, preparing a cash flow, and understanding government programs and services that may be available
- Insight and a formal review of your plans and presentations in order to be better prepared to work with lenders and investors
- Direction on developing a marketing and communication plan to help you promote your business
- Research and support for finding suppliers, equipment, and inventory you may need
Our business consultations are meant solely as a form of advice and direction, with the concept of self-help present throughout all discussions. The Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre encourages you to seek professional advice on legal, tax and accounting matters where necessary.
Home Based Business Guide
Home-based businesses are quickly becoming the fastest growing form of new business. Advances in technology, as well as societal and economic changes, have enabled people to work from their homes. Operating a home-based business has many advantages. You can avoid the stress of a daily commute and gain the flexibility of choosing your own clients and creating your own schedule.
Download the Chatham-Kent Home-Based Business Guide
Book a Consultation