Skip to main page content

Fireworks Applications

Display Fireworks

Consumer Fireworks Event on Municipal Property Application is required to discharge consumer fireworks on municipal property. Display fireworks are a high-risk activity and require an insurance policy of 5 million liability coverage.

The Fireworks Display Event Organizer is responsible for the fireworks display and must complete the following:

  1. Secure both a distributor who sells fireworks and a Fireworks Display Supervisor/Technician who is authorized to discharge fireworks (an individual who holds a fireworks card from Natural Resources Canada). 
  2. Chatham-Kent Fire & Rescue is the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and must approve the discharging of display fireworks.
  3. The Fireworks Display Supervisor/Technician must complete the Consumer Fireworks Event on Municipal Property Application.
  4. Pay the applicable fee for display fireworks. (Fee Schedule).  
  5. Adhere to the Municipality of Chatham-Kent Fireworks By-Law.

Consumer (Family) Fireworks

The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a professional fireworks show. If you do choose to hold a family fireworks show, please do so safely. Check out our Fireworks Safety section for more information. 

Fireworks can ONLY be discharged on dates outlined in the Fireworks By-Law:

  • 3 days before, on and 3 days after Victoria Day
  • 3 days before, on and 3 days after Canada Day
  • New Years Eve & New Years Day

Submitting Your Application

Submit by Mail

  • Include all required documents and payment
  • Please do not mail cash 
  • Mail to:
    Attention: Fire Prevention Division
    5 Second Street, Chatham, ON N7M 5X2

Submit in Person

  • Bring all required documents to any Municipal Service Centre 
  • Payment can be paid in person via cash, cheque, debit or credit

Submit by Email 

If you have questions or are unsure of the correct fee, please call Fire Administration at 519-436-3270 or by at email