In the spring of each year, the Board of Directors of the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Association reviews the various nominations of men and women that have been submitted for consideration of being inducted into the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame.
Following this review, the names of those individuals to be inducted for the current year, are chosen.
Once the names are known, the association's biographer does further research on each of the nominees and prepares biographical information on his/her contributions to the agricultural community within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and/or beyond.
In the fall of each year, these individuals are inducted into the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame at the Annual Induction Ceremony and Dinner Meeting. In addition, each inductee receives recognition from the Mayor and Council of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, as well as from the members of both Provincial and Federal Parliaments.
The biographical information, as well as a photograph of each inductee, is then included in the official album of the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Association, which is retained by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
Who is Eligible
To be eligible for induction into the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame, an individual must have demonstrated unselfish achievement within the realm of agriculture and service to the rural community within Chatham-Kent and/or beyond. A person to be inducted does not have to be born in Chatham-Kent, and a person being inducted may be either living or deceased.
How to Complete the Nomination Form
To complete the nomination form, download a copy onto your computer, enter all required information and save. When completed, email a copy of the form to Kathryn Vanek, Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Secretary at
firstname.lastname@example.org AND mail the original hard copy and any letters of support to Kathryn Vanek at 11248 Eberts Line, Chatham, Ontario N7M 5J2.
If you are unable to complete the form on a computer, you can print and complete the form by hand. When completed, you should keep a copy for your records and mail the original and any letters of support to Kathryn Vanek at the address listed above. If you have any questions regarding the nomination form, call Kathryn at 519-683-2929.
- Nominees may be individuals or partners (e.g. husband and wife, and/or siblings). However, families, businesses and other groups are not eligible.
- The application deadline is March 31st of every year.
- The announcement of the inductees for the current year is usually made at a Council Meeting of the Chatham-Kent Council every June.
- The Induction Ceremony is annually held around the middle of November.
- The nominee must meet eligibility requirements (see above).
- In addition to considering the weight and merit of the eligibility requirements, the Board of Directors of the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Association also takes into consideration the number of inductees (ideally 3-5 depending on the number and calibre of nominations), representation across various agricultural sectors, including production, education research, commercial, media, etc., is the inductee living or deceased and the geographical area in which the nominee did his/her work.
- Information pertaining to the nominee is to be submitted on this Hall of Fame Nomination Form. If more space is required, please use the space provided on the last page of the form. Information is to be limited to only those fields listed on the form. Other than separate letters of support, please do not forward additional information not conforming to this format.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines may be returned to the nominator for further clarification and resubmission for the following year.
- Upon notification of acceptance for induction, it is understood that the nominator(s) may be called upon to provide additional information to assist the Hall of Fame biographer in composing the finished biography of the nominee, which will be used for both the induction ceremony and the Hall of Fame website. All materials provided become the property of the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Association unless clearly stated otherwise at the time of submission.
- Please note that all fields are required to be completed for successful submission.
Disclaimer: It is understood that the Nominator will assume responsibility for providing as complete as possible, a biography of the successful nominee to ensure proper documentation of the individual for future public reference. All materials so provided become the property of the Kent Agricultural Hall of Fame Association, unless clearly stated otherwise at the time of submission.