Patrick Mahon's newest exhibition extends from his longstanding practice with print media, sculpture, and art projects that engage themes of environment, and decolonization. With Messagers' Forum, Mahon addresses a world filled with beauty, contradiction, and injustice to ask two essential questions, "Can we be "Messagers" that connect, build, hope, and dream - together? And if so, "How do we reach across?"
Accompanying the exhibition, in the Mezannine Gallery, is a graphic poster installation entitled, "The Questions Project". It was produced in collaboration with students from Ursuline College Chatham. The project has a timely resonance that ponders how we build community, now and in the future – whether during normal conditions or otherwise. Ultimately it asks, "Will we be 'messagers' that connect, build, hope and dream, together?"
Patrick Mahon will be at the gallery to give an overview of the exhibit:
Friday, September 18, 2020 at 7:00PM
Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 2:00PM
Please register as spaces are limited. Registration is available by calling 226.312.2023 x4425 or email CKartgallery@chatham-kent.ca
TAG would like to reassure patrons that all recommended safety measures are being taken, including the requirement to wear masks in compliance with Municipal by-laws.
- Hand sanitizer available at all entrances and exits for public use.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from those outside of your social circle while visiting.
- Access to the gallery will be walk-in/sign-in, and will be limited to 30 people at any one time.
- Frequent and enhanced cleaning routine (high touch zones)
- If you feel ill or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 please stay home to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Think you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact CK Public Health
While there will be no formal opening for this exhibition due to COVID precautions, small group and social bubble tours are welcome. To request a tour please contact the gallery at 226.312.2023 x4425. Admission to the gallery is free. Donations are welcome.
Open Wednesday-Saturday 11:00AM-4:00PM
Special Hour for Seniors: 11:00AM-12:00PM
By entering, you acknowledge and agree on behalf of yourself and those for whom you are a parent or guardian, that as an indoor facility the use of this building may include possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases such as COVID-19, and you freely assume all such risks.