registered charitable organizations rebate

Who Qualifies?

Charities that have a valid registration number issued by Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, as defined by Section 248(1) of the Federal Income Tax Act and occupying commercial or industrial property.

Rebate Information

Registered charities must apply for the rebate by completing an application and sending it by fax, e-mail or mail:

Charities that own and occupy space are not eligible for rebates as they are assessed in the residential tax class.

All applications for tax rebate must be in writing and be submitted to the Treasurer by February 28th in the year following for which the application applies.

Required is proof of taxes payable for the year in which applying (copy of tax bill or landlord’s statement of taxes paid).