Family Moving

How to change your address

If you move, let us know your new address as soon as possible. Failure to receive a tax bill could result in penalty and interest charges of 1.25% per month applied to unpaid accounts. Please quote the roll number and property address on all correspondence. You have 3 ways of letting us know about your change of address.

By Phone

Call the Tax Office at 519-360-1998

By Email

Complete the Request Change of Address form and return it to

By Mail

Send your request to the following address:

Municipality of Chatham-Kent Tax Department
315 King Street West, P.O. Box 640
Chatham ON   N7M 5K8

Include the following in the letter:

  • A Signature

  • New Address

  • Date of Your Move 

Letter of Authorization

Please complete the applicable Letter of Authorization below for any person or business who is not a registered owner to receive tax and/or assessment related information for the property you own.  For multiple properties, you will be required to complete and submit a letter of authorization for each property.

Letter of Authorization - Individual Person

Letter of Authorization - Business

Letter of Authorization - Windmill Company

Please use Internet Explorer web browser for these forms