Maintenance / Repair Request
To request maintenance or a repair on a bridge call 519.360.1998 or email CKpw@chatham-kent.ca
During the Navigational Season (May 15-October 15) Public Works opens and closes operational bridges on a call-ahead basis.
Thames River Bridges
Prairie Siding Bridge
Opened on a call out basis by our Public Works Division. Located halfway to Chatham on Jacob Road. This bridge is looked after by the Road Supervisor, Raleigh at 519.689.4343 or 519.360.1998.
This swing bridge has a height of nineteen (19) feet (depending on water levels).
Hours of operation:
- Sunday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (after Labour Day Weekend 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.).
- The bridge cannot be opened after dark or with winds in excess of 30 km per hour.
- After 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday call 519.359.1956 to have the bridge opened.
- On Saturday and Sunday call 519.359.1956 to have the bridge opened.
The Parry Bridge does not open. It has a height of twenty (20) feet and is the first bridge encountered upon arriving in Chatham. It is about a 1.5 hour cruise from the Prairie Siding Bridge.
Lacroix Street Bridge, Third Street Bridge & Fifth Street Bridge in Chatham
These are fixed bridges (they do not open and close):
- The Lacroix Bridge has a height of twenty-two (22) feet. It is located about ¼ mile past the Parry Bridge.
- The Downtown Docks begin on the south side of the River behind the Chatham Civic Centre.
- The next bridge is Third Street. The Third Street Bridge has a height of twenty-one (21) feet.
- The Fifth Street Bridge has a height of twenty-one (21) feet.
Sydenham River Bridges:
Baseline Bridge, Lord Selkirk Bridge, Lou Stonehouse Bridge, Murray Bridge & Dundas Bridge in Wallaceburg
These swing bridges are opened on a call out basis by our Public Works Division. These bridges are looked after by the Road Supervisor, Wallaceburg at 519.627.6042 or 519.360.1998.
Hours of Operation:
- Open seven days a week on the half hour from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. except between 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- After 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday call 519.350.7919 to have the bridge opened.
- On Saturday and Sunday call 519.350.7919 to have the bridge opened.
Do you have a question or concern? Call 519.360.1998 or email CKpw@chatham-kent.ca