Wolf lying on ground.

Many people have concerns about these wild carnivores living in their neighbourhood. In order to live in harmony with them it is necessary that we respect and understand them and their needs. For more information see links below to Ministry of Natural Resources and Ontario Society for Prevention and Cruelty to Animals fact sheets.

Residents who would like wildlife removed from their properties must do so at their own expense. Contact a pest control provider or a licensed trapper. Refer to the yellow pages for a listing of trappers or contact the Ministry of Natural Resources at 519.773.9241 (Aylmer District) or TOLL FREE 1-800-667-1940 for an updated list of licensed trappers in Chatham-Kent. In the event of an immediate danger to humans by wildlife, contact Police Services. 

The Natural Resources Information Centre (NRIC) is Ontario`s source for general information about the Ministry of Natural Resources. The NRIC respond to calls and emails from the public about hunting and fishing regulations, nuisance wildlife, land use, parks and protected areas and a wide variety of other subjects.  Contact NRIC at 1.800.667.1940.

Injured Wildlife

Ontario Wildlife Rescue’s website contains a list of authorize rehabilitators within Ontario.  Its website is www.ontariowildliferescue.ca.

Ministry of Natural Resources Fact Sheets

Feeding wildlife: dos and don'ts
- Rescue a sick, injured or abandoned wild animal
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator
- Preventing and managing conflicts with birds
- Prevent conflicts with bats
- Preventing and managing conflicts with coyotes, wolves and foxes
Preventing and managing conflicts with small animals (e.g., raccoons, skunks, squirrels, rabbits, opossums, groundhogs, mice, rats)
Harass, capture or kill a wild animal damaging private property

Further questions, contact Licensing Services at CKlicensing@chatham-kent.ca or 519.360.1998.