Playground Equipment Safety Tips
Parents please remember to:
- Supervise children on the playground.
- Remove cords and drawstrings on children’s hoods, hats and jackets.
- Tuck in all clothing
- Wear a neck warmer instead of a scarf.
- Make sure your child does not tie ropes to slides and other playground equipment.
- Have your child remove their bicycle helmet before using playground equipment.
- Check the playground equipment prior to your child using it.
- Please do not smoke - our children play in our playgrounds (9 meters from any playground equipment) By-law #137-2014
Please report equipment in need of maintenance by calling 519.360.1998 immediately.
Prevent injury by encouraging children to play safely:
- Wait their turn
- Sit down on swings
- Go down slides feet first
- Hold onto handgrips and railings
For playground locations and details of the parks, use the RecConnect link at the top right of this page.