Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (excluding holidays)
Court Proceedings: Tuesday and Wednesday, 10:00 am
Walk-in guilty pleas: Wednesday, 9:00 am
New Process for Court Appearance - COVID-19
Please be advised that in order to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are unable to conduct in-person proceedings at this time. This means that if you have a court date scheduled during this time, do not attend court in person. However, your matter is still before the court and must be addressed.
If you have received a summons to appear, a Notice of Trial or a ticket and you would like to exercise Option #2, please follow the instructions below:
- If you have a trial date that was sent to you in the form of a Notice of Trial or letter advising of the new date, you will be contacted by the court office prior to your trial date with instructions. If you have not received a call or a letter by the date of your scheduled trial date, please call our office immediately using the contact info below.
- If you have received a summons to appear in court, it is important you contact the court office immediately for call-in information so you will be able to attend virtually as your matter will still be proceeding.
- If you have received a ticket and would like to exercise Option #2, please contact our office immediately and you will be given call-in information so you may enter your plea of guilty remotely.
Court Closures For 2021
- January 1st (New Years Day)
- February 15th (Family Day)
- April 2nd (Good Friday)
- April 5th (Easter Monday)
- May 24th (Victoria Day)
- July 1st (Canada Day)
- August 2nd (Civic Day)
- September 6th (Labour Day)
- October 12th (Thanksgiving Day)
- November 11th (Remembrance Day)
- December n/a (Christmas Day)
Judicial Conference For 2021 - No Justice of the Peace available
- February 16th and 17th
- April 20th and 21st
- May 11th and 12th
- June 29th and 30th
- October n/a
- November n/a
- December n/a (Christmas Holidays)
During courtroom proceedings, the following rules must be followed:
- No hats or sunglasses
- No food or drink
- No cell phones or pagers
- No newspapers or magazines
- Appropriate attire
- Address the presiding Justice of the Peace as "Your Worship"
- Trial options and re-opening applications are addressed in our
Frequently Asked Questions.
- Request for disclosure or to schedule a resolution meeting -
Case Management: 519-352-6736 x 4020
- For Part 3 disclosure and Part 3 resolution -
Crown's Office: 519-355-2240
Trial Interpreter: 519-352-8484
- $4.30 per page of the original transcript
- $0.55 per page for additional copies
Note: A $50.00 deposit is required at the time the transcript is ordered and any outstanding balance must be paid before the transcript is released.
Contact the Court Reporter at 519-352-8484 x 4011.
Phone: 519-352-8484 x 4017
We are committed to delivering excellent service to everyone using the Provincial Offenses Court. To ensure that we are providing excellent service, we would like to hear from you. You can voice your complaint to the Manager of Provincial Offences by:
Mail: Manager Provincial Offences Court, Chatham-Kent, 21633 Communication Rd, RR#5, Blenheim, ON N0P 1A0