Candidates Financial Disclosure
At least 30 days before the filing date, but no later than Friday March 31, 2023, the Clerk shall give every candidate whose nomination was filed, by registered mail, notice
• Of all the filing requirements of this section; and
• Of the penalties set out in subsections 80 (2) and 92 (5)
The notice shall be given on "Notice to Candidate of Filing Requirements", Form EL42.
A "Notice of Default", Form EL43, shall be given to the candidate by registered mail and to the relevant Council or Local Board in the event that a candidate has not submitted the "Financial Statement", Form 4, by 2:00 pm on March 31, 2023 (set by the Minister).
For questions regarding campaign finances, the Clerk should direct the candidate to Sections 66 (1) – 82.1 (2).
Refund of Nomination Filing Fee (Section 34)
A candidate is entitled to receive a refund of the nomination filing fee if he/she,
• Withdraws the nomination under Section 36 of the Municipal Elections Act
• Is elected to the office; or
• The documents required under subsection 88.25 (1) are filed on or before 2 p.m. on the filing date in accordance with that subsection. 2016, c. 15, s. 26