Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, May 7, 2018 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:45 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Union Gas Merger with Enbridge. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001..
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
7. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
8. Community Development Forum
9. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
10. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(i) Council Meeting minutes from its meeting held on April 23, 2017.
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
11. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
12. Community Development Department (electronic voting)
14. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
15. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
16. Approval of Communication Items
17. Non Agenda Business
18. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Goodbrand Line Drain, Community of Orford – First and Second Reading Only
ii. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Rosseel and Merritt Drain, Community of Chatham Township – First and second reading only
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
iii. By-law to provide staff appointments of Property Standards Officers for the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
iv. By-law to provide appointment of Deputy Division Registrars and Deputy Issuers of Marriage Licences for the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
v. By-law to provide staff appointments of By-law Enforcement Officers for the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
vi. By-law to Set Tax Ratios for Prescribed Property Classes for Municipal Purposes for the 2018 Taxation Year
vii. By-law to establish maximum tax increases for certain Commercial, Industrial & Multi-Residential properties for the 2018 taxation year
viii. By-law to amend By-law Number 27-2018, A By-law to Establish Certain User Fees
ix. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 7th day of May, 2018
19. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, May 14, 2018 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.