Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, May 28, 2018 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 5:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Labour relations or employee negotiations with regard to Negotiations Update. Section 239(2)(d), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Consideration of a request under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act with regard to Election Candidate Information Requests. Section 239(3), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of May 28, 2017.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
(a) Deputations by students of the Academie Ste. Cecile International School re Our Perspective of Downtown Chatham
(b) Deputation by Violet Towell and Denise Shephard re Wallaceburg Area Wind Concerns
11. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
12. Consent Agenda
(a) Routine Approval
(b) Committee Reports
(c) Council Meeting Minutes
(i) Council Meeting minutes from its meeting held on May 14, 2017.
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
13. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
14. Tender Awards (electronic voting)
15. Community Human Services (electronic voting)
16. Community Development (electronic voting)
17. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
18. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
19. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
20. Approval of Communication Items
21. Non Agenda Business
22. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to amend By-law Number 245-2004 of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (Parking restriction on Park Street in the Community of Chatham)
ii. By-law to amend the Consolidated Business Licensing By-law No. 178-2015, being a by-law respecting the licensing, regulating, and governing of certain businesses in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
iii. By-law to amend By-law Number 27-2018, By-law to Establish Certain User Fees
iv. By-law to provide for the closing of Part of Garrel Street, Geographic Township of Raleigh, Municipality of Chatham-Kent depicted as Part 1 of 24R10428 being of Property Identification Number 00872-0177
v. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 28th day of May, 2018
23. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, June 11, 2018 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.