Talbot Trail between Coatsworth Road and Stevenson Road will be open to Local Traffic only up to the closure.
All businesses along Talbot Trail remain fully accessible on each side of the road closure.
Detour Routes (see attached map):
- Truck, Heavy and Large Load Traffic:
- From Wheatley (West of closure), Heavy Truck traffic is advised to follow the posted detour route (D-1) which is by way of Erie St. N / Wheatley Road (CK Road #1) to Middle Line (CK Road #8). This directs heavy traffic around the road closure, into Blenheim. Truck Traffic coming from Blenheim (East of closure) are also advised to follow the posted detour route (D-1) which directs traffic off of Talbot Trail, and onto Middle Line (CK Road #8) to Wheatley Road (CK Road #1).
- Local Traffic:
- From the West, Local Traffic will have the ability to continue on Talbot Trail, past Erie St. N (CK Road #1) in Wheatley, up to the full road closure (400m east of Coatsworth Road CK Road #4), with Coatsworth Road being the last detour route (indicated by detour sign, D-1). Coatsworth Road provides access back to Wheatley Road (CK Road #1). Coatsworth Road is the last turnaround to the West of the full road closure.
- From the East, Local Traffic will have the ability to continue on Talbot Trail up to the full road closure, with Port Road (CK Road #14) being the last detour route (indicated by detour sign, D-1). Port Road provides access to Middle Line. Continuing past Port road, Stevenson Road (CK Road #5) is the last turnaround to the East of the full road closure.
- 2nd Concession Line is another alternative route that is located to the North, and runs parallel to Talbot Trail. This also provides access around the full road closure. If this route is taken, drivers should proceed slowly and with caution as this is a gravel road.
For more information and updates, please visit www.chatham-kent.ca/constructionprojects
Thank you for your cooperation.
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
519-360-1998 x 3624
This communication is subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) and/or Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario). This communication may be confidential. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately