The Municipality of Chatham-Kent announces the launch of the new Citizens Self-Service website, www.ck311.ca which complements the existing call centre by making it easier for residents to find information, report issues, submit and track service requests online.
The site includes an automatic translation feature for more than 100 languages, reflecting Chatham-Kent’s unique diversity. Enhancements were also made to support user menu navigation via mobile devices.
“We are committed to creating additional channels for customers to access us easily and conveniently to help with their concerns and service requests”, Leanne Segeren-Swayze, Director of Customer Services.
It prominently features many of the Municipality’s most common inquiries, such as roads, garbage and recycling information. Other benefits include:
- Enhanced customer experience and improved internal case management.
- Provides the ability to track and obtain the real-time status of previously submitted requests.
- Provides the ability for citizens to attach photographs with their service requests.
- Easy to use knowledge base with instructional videos.
- Integrates with the Municipal website, Geographic Information System (GIS), and Municipal Work Order Management system.
- Establishes an escalation case management program to eliminate duplication of effort when researching previously submitted and/or resolved requests.
“The Customer Service team in conjunction with representatives from various municipal departments have worked tirelessly to bring this important initiative to fruition. I am very excited to see the many ways that the customer experience can be elevated as a result of this new tool. We look forward to hearing from residents as they use it”, Cathy Hoffman, General Manager of Corporate Services.